CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday 2 September 2006

wet wedding

Should have known what kind of a day it would be , the minute my hair got tangled in my hairdryer, so I had to cut my hair to release it.

Then, Steve rang to ask if his suit was at my house because he couldn't find it at his. This is 2 hours before we have to leave.  I insisted that it wasn't at mine because I had the only suit in the house on a coat hanger, where it had been for 2 weeks and that was Adrian's. OR SO I THOUGHT.

Turns out, it WAS Steven's after all, this is after Adrian and I had been out 2 days before, to buy a new shirt to go with it. I insisted Adrian's suit was black but Adrian insisted his suit was blue. Steven's is the blue suit apparantly, Adrian's is black. So, we were both right. Adrian had gone by the colour of the suit hanging on his wardrobe for the past 2 weeks, I went on memory from his Niece's wedding last year, which was when he bought the suit.

I rushed around like a mad woman, to make sure I didn't forget ANYTHING. Had to be on time because Emma rang me to ask if I could go to her house first, to sew some diamante crystals onto her veil.

I made arrangements with my Nephew, Ben, to come and check on my animals from time to time and make sure they were all okay, especially little Peggy. I left him a list of things NOT to do and that was fine.

We finally picked steven and Anthony up and were doing well for time. Anthony did a great job on my hair and things were going great.

THEN, I remembered I had forgotten my bows for our car. I really wanted ribbons on our car because I was the Groom's Mother and I wanted to feel special. I was GUTTED.

THEN, I realised I had forgotten the directions to the Registry Office AND the reception venue.

We ended up having to ring Adam for directions. I felt so stupid. Finally found the Registry Office and had to park up a fair distance away because there were no spaces nearby. Adrian is disabled, so I wasn't too happy about it.

It was cold, very windy and teeming with rain, I was FROZEN.

Everything went well at the ceremony despite the fact thar Emma was almost half an hour late because of a broken down car blocking the road to town.

I was asked to do a reading for the ceremony, which I did brilliantly,if I say so myself.

THEN realised Adrian had forgotten to take his medication for the day. OH NO !!!

Came out of the Registry office, had photo's taken outside and headed back to our car, only to find that we had a parking ticket. DOH !!

We got lost on the way to the reception and were the last to arrive.

All went well from then on , except that Steven got very drunk and we had to keep stopping on the way home, for him to be sick, bless !! 

We arrived home, only to find that the bedroom door had been left open and I had to start changing the bedding.

All in all, a BRILLIANT DAY lol !! I am now the proud owner of a BRAND NEW DAUGHTER IN LAW.

Thank goodness it's over.      pics to be posted later today  ( all being well )

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a day!

Glad everything worked out well for the wedding, even though the guests seemed to have a hard time. And on my behalf, would you please scold Stevie for being drunk? tsk tsk lol

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

wow! sounds like a very eventful day...phew, u must be tired. *Hugs* and Congrats to the new bride and groom :)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a day you've had!!  I bet you'll rest well tonight.  Congrats to the happy couple!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

PHEW!  I am tired just reading about your day!!  I cannot wait to see pictures!!!  Congratulations on obtaining a new daughter.  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh dear what a day you had ~ just glad the Happy Couple tied the knot with no hitches ~ and you are now blessed with a Daughter in Law ~ look forward to seeing the pictures ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hey Mum..hope you had a great day...Oh hang on..I was there too! lol!

Twas a great day!!

Love ya
xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well, a lot of excitement there, and congrats on the daughter in law ;-)

Anonymous said...

Glad everything was okay in the end, despite all the other things that were sent to try you! But what would be a wedding day without a few minor mishaps - my daughters bridal car broke down outside the house and refused to start so we had to find another quickly, but otherwise all was okay!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your son's wedding.  
Missie